Text Message Banking
Text Message Banking
Your account balances are a text Away
Text Message Banking makes it easy to access account balances and transactions, right on your mobile phone. It's the fastest way to get your balances - anytime, anywhere.
As simple as texting your friends!
Just text a short command to 454545, and you will quickly receive the information you want. Here are some of the requests you can make with Text Message Banking:
- BAL — Current and available balances for a primary account you designate
- LAST — The last five transactions in your primary account.
- BAL ALL — Current balances for all the accounts you have with us.
- TRANS — Transfer funds from your source account to your Primary Text Banking Account
Customize your alerts for your primary account and choose to receive a text when:
- Your balance falls below an amount you specify
- A payment that clears exceeds an amount you specify
- A deposit into your account exceeds an amount you specify
Secure access to your balances and transactions
Not only is Text Message Banking fast and free*, it is secure. You must first log into our secure internet banking site and have your phone in your possession in order to complete enrollment. We text an activation code to your phone that you must enter into the internet banking site in order to activate Text Message Banking. Also, we never send confidential information such as user ID’s, passwords, or complete account numbers via Text Message Banking.
* Standard carrier rates and fees apply.
Learn more and get started today!
To get started with Text Message Banking, log into WebBranch Internet Banking and look for the Mobile Banking & Alerts link under the "Additional Services" tab to activate your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions about Text Message Banking:
How secure is Text Message Banking?
- Our Text Message Banking service is secure. You can activate the service only after logging into our internet banking site. Text messages will never contain confidential information about you or your accounts. Messages will never contain full account numbers.
Will I be charged for Text Message Banking?
- We won't charge you, but standard carrier fees for text messaging may apply. Please check with your mobile phone carrier if you aren't sure what fees apply when you send and receive text messages.
Will Text Message Banking work on my phone?
- Yes it will, as long as you have text messaging enabled with your mobile carrier and use a carrier that the service supports. Please check with your mobile carrier if you are unsure.
Which carriers do you support?
- Our Text Message Banking service works on all major mobile providers in the U.S., including:
- US Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Virgin Mobile
How do I deactivate the Text Message Banking service?
- You can text back "stop" to 454545 on your activated cell phone, or you can return to the mobile banking page and click the deactivate link next to your mobile device number. Your phone will no longer receive any text messages from Mobile Banking. You can add a new phone at any time if you change your mind later.
Why do I need to verify my phone?
- Verifying your phone is a one-time step and is one way we ensure the security of mobile text messaging.
Where do I find my activation code?
- During setup we will send you a text message with your activation code. If you have already submitted your mobile number during setup, check your mobile device now. You should receive a text message with your activation code within a few minutes.
Can I come back later to enter my activation code?
- Yes you can. If you experience difficulties we recommend that you go through the setup process again and get a new code.
I still have not received my code, what do I do?
- It might take several minutes to receive your code. If you feel you have waited long enough you can click the "resend code" link. Please check your mobile device shortly for a new text message. If you are still experiencing problems be sure you entered in the correct mobile number during setup.
What is a primary text banking account?
- Your primary account is the default account that we will use when you text BAL to 454545. You should select the one you will likely want to check the most often. You can get all account balances by texting BAL ALL to 454545.
Can I get the balances of all my other accounts?
- Yes - when you text "BAL ALL" to 454545, we will reply with a message containing the balances of all your checking, savings and credit card accounts.
Can I change the primary text banking account later?
- Yes you can. Simply return here to the mobile banking page and select the edit link next to your primary bank information.
Are there any shortcuts for the keywords?
- Yes. The keywords are:
- BAL = Primary account balance
- BAL CHK = Checking account balances
- BAL SAV = Saving account balances
- BAL ALL = All account balances
- TRANS = Transfer funds to primary account
- LAST = Last 5 transactions
- STOP =Deactivate service
- HELP = Help on keywords
Are keywords case sensitive?
- No, keywords are not case sensitive. You can type help or HELP.
What is the number I should send keywords to?
- The short code is 454545. This short code will only work if you have activated the Mobile Text Banking Service.
How long does it take to get a text message?
- You'll receive a text message response within a minute. Exact timing will depend on your mobile service carrier.
Is there any password needed for Text Message Banking?
- You don't need a password to access your account information via text message.
I have a new mobile phone number. Can I change or add my number online?
- Yes, you first need to deactivate your cell phone and add your new cell phone number. You can do this within alerts and mobile set up.
Can I add a second phone number?
- Yes, you can add a second phone number to a user account by selecting “Activate another phone” after you log into WebBranch Internet Banking and select the Mobile Banking & Alerts button.